Brazilians Travel Bloggers
We are a Brazilian couple travelling the world, living as expat for more than 15 years and blogging about all fascinating experiences around the world. Today we live between Toronto (Canadá) and South Florida (USA), and we already called home places like Australia and the Netherlands.
We’ve been blogging for more than a decade under the name Mikix (mikix.com) and we are co-founders of the travel blog Viajoteca (viajoteca.com) founded on 2014. Together both blogs reaches more than 150.000 pageviews a month and growing.
Casal Mikix / Mikix Couple
As travelers, our focus is on couples without kids, trails & adventure, romance, off beaten destinations, beach destinations, luxury travel and independent explorers and expat life. Besides that we also write about personal experiences as expats in Canada and international exchange study experiences.
We aim helping Brazilians travel more, farther and better to all parts of the world and don’t be afraid to try new and “not-well-know” places.
Each post depicts our own personal view of a particular destination, we focus on being informative, true to ourselves and our readers. We want the world to know how easy and fun travel can be!!! You know, we would like to spread the “travel bug” 🙂
As per ITB World Travel Trends Report, South America was the fastest-growing region in travel 2012/2013. So Brazilians are basically everywhere…
Besides blogging, Mirella works as an international exchange student agent and Kiko as IT Consultant.
Thank you for considering Mikix no Mundo & Viajoteca as a partner. Please contact us: MIRELLA@MIKIX.COM
Numbers on Google Analytics & Social Media influence
Mikix no Mundo – LifeStyle blog
Mirella Matthiesen & Kiko Savelli are the names behind “Casal Mikix”. The blog started as their personal point of contact with fellows Brazilians back in 2003, but it grows and today they count with a engaged community which enjoys their writing about life and experiences abroad…
Together they have traveled to more than 50 countries and lived in 5 of them.
The blog Casal mikix ocus on our personal experience about immigration, expat life, adventurous lifestyle, studies abroad and tips to have a happy life.
Mikix @ Google Analytics (June/2017):
• Pageviews: 30,700+
• Unique: 20,400+
VIAJOTECA – TRAVEL BLOG
Viajoteca.com is an unique website that brings together a magnitude of international travel experiences, including various ideas that will cater for any travel style.
All posts focus on useful tips (including must-do things) and personalized travel itineraries. Viajoteca is a unique library that aims to help brazilians travelers get more inspired and organized for their next trip.
We launched Viajoteca on April/14/2014 and we are: Mirella (USA/Canada), Martinha (France/Belgium), Carina (Germany) e Oscar (Hong Kong).
Viajoteca @ Google Analytics (June/2017):
• Pageviews: 108,200+
• Unique: 70,000+
Mirella & Kiko in the Media…
Mirella Matthiesen have been featured on some occasions in newspaper, magazine, book, TV and many online media in Brazil and around the world. Some of them are below:
• CBC News Toronto (TV in Canada)
• Newspaper “Folha de São Paulo”, ofering Tips for smartphones on travel
• Mikix feature on newspaper “A Tribuna” from Santos
• Mikix feature on eMagazine “Rio Sport” from Rio de Janeiro
• Mirella Matthiesen wrote an article for “Viagem & Turismo” magazine
• Mirella Matthiesen wrote 4 articles for “Viagem & Turismo” magazine
• Mentioned on newspaper “Estado de São Paulo”
• Mentioned on book “100 Dicas Para Viajar Melhor” (100 Tips to better travel) from Ricardo Freire
- Product reviews
- Blog Trips / Reviews
- Shangri-la Toronto
- Harley-Davidson Museum
- Montreal Tourism Board
- Halifax Tourism Board
- San Francisco Tourism Board
- Toronto Tourism Board
- Mandarin Oriental Las Vegas
- Superclub Breezes – Bahamas
- Vancouver Tourism Vancouver – Canada
- Ottawa Tourism Board – Canada
- Trump Ocean Club – Panama
- Legoland Toronto – Canada
- Premium Outlets Toronto – Canada
- Paraty Explorer – Paraty, RJ, Brazil
- Museu TAM – São Carlos, SP, Brazil
- Houston Tourism Board – USA
- Kampai Toronto – Canada
- Cruise Indigo – Hamilton Island, Australia
- SOS Canadá despachante – São Paulo, Brasil
- Mondial Assistance (Travel insurance)
- World Nomads (Travel insurance)
Thank you for considering Mikix no Mundo & Viajoteca as a partner. Please contact Mirella Matthiesen: email@example.com